William Nuttle, Organizer for CERF 2011 Synthesis Sessions
- assess existing (baseline) ecosystem conditions
- assess activities or elements in an ecosystem that can stress the ecosystem
- predict the status of the ecosystem under stress if no management action is taken
- evaluate the status of the ecosystem under stress under different management scenarios, and
- evaluate the success of management actions in achieving the desired target conditions.
For more information visit the website for NOAA's Integrated Ecosystem Assessment Program.